Friday, January 7, 2011

Truth in advertising

This link will take you to the Canadian advertising standards website. Here, they'll have you believe that Truth in advertising matters.

So... in that case, the commercial that ran over the holiday season encouraging you to buy Dad a burger must have been true in its premise that Dad is not only an afterthought, but also only worth a burger's value to his family.

As a Dad, I take absolute umbrage with that claim. I am not an afterthought, either in my own mind or that of my family's! I refuse to let some jerk advertising company make me feel like a loser who is only worth a burger to his loved ones.

How dare you!! If that's what you truly think of me, then shove your burger, profits, and any hopes of seeing me in your stores where the sun doesn't shine. Hopefully your saturated fat-filled ground pork will clear your colons and save the medical industry a bundle in taking care of helping you move your bowels through a colon that has a head blocking it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment